Re: Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:

>First, thanks for sticking with it to test this.
>
>I've not received such a message myself - this is interesting.
>
>Is it possible to copy that directory to one side and re-run the test?
>Add another parameter in postgresql.conf called "archive_debug = true"
>Does it happen identically the second time?

Yes, identical results - I re-initdb'ed and ran the process again,
rather than reuse the files.

>What time difference was there between steps 5 and 6? I think I can here
>Andreas saying "told you".... I'm thinking the backup might be somehow
>corrupted because the checkpoint occurred during the backup. Hmmm...

I was wondering about this, so  left a bit more time in between, and
forced a sync as well for good measure.

5) $ psql -d test -c "checkpoint"; sleep 30;sync;sleep 30
6) $ tar -zcvf /data1/dump/pgdata-7.5.tar.gz *