Re: Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 15:57, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > We will get there --- it just seems dark at this time.
>
> Thanks for that. My comments were heartfelt, but not useful right now.
>
> I'm badly overdrawn already on my time budget, though that is my concern
> alone. There is more to do than I have time for. Pragmatically, if we
> aren't going to get there then I need to stop now, so I can progress
> other outstanding issues. All help is appreciated.
>
> I'm aiming for the minimum feature set - which means we do need to take
> care over whether that set is insufficient and also to pull any part
> that doesn't stand up to close scrutiny over the next few days.

As you can see, we are still chewing on NT.  What PITR features are
missing?  I assume because we can't stop file system writes during
backup that we will need a backup parameter file like I described.  Is
there anything else that PITR needs?

Pennsylvania19073