Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch
Date
Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
> Please remove that; if I thought either one was a good idea, I would
> have allowed it in the committed patch.
>
> Sequences are too small to be worth moving around, and may someday be
> reimplemented in a fashion that doesn't use up a separate disk file for
> each one.  If we allow SET TABLESPACE on them we will be limiting our
> future flexibility for no useful gain.

Why do we allow them to be created in tablespaces in the first place
then?  Seems like a bit of a misfeature?  I mean we don't allow views in
tablespaces...

Chris