Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Attached is an updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch.
>
> It uses the block by block copy mechanism proposed by Tom and handles i)
> ALTER TABLE <index> .... and ii) Copying of TOAST tables and the TOAST
> table's index.
>
> It doesn't handle copying of system tables (pg_largeobject) and, in the
> interests of code reuse, the patch fiddles with the code used by CLUSTER.
> This isn't great but I wanted to get a patch in before 1 July since I
> think the feature is very important -- even for the first release.

Does this patch allow setting the tablespace of sequences as well?  If
so, then you will need to modify pg_dump of SERIAL sequences.  Perhaps
output a ALTER TABLE/SET TABLESPACE command after the CREATE TABLE
definition to move the SERIAL sequence.

The same argument applies if it allows moving indexes. (Unique and
Primary Keys)

Chris