Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch
Date
Re: Updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-patches
>> Attached is an updated ALTER TABLE ... SET TABLESPACE patch.

> Does this patch allow setting the tablespace of sequences as well?  If
> so, then you will need to modify pg_dump of SERIAL sequences.  Perhaps
> output a ALTER TABLE/SET TABLESPACE command after the CREATE TABLE
> definition to move the SERIAL sequence.
> The same argument applies if it allows moving indexes. (Unique and
> Primary Keys)

Sequences no, toast tables no, indexes yes.  So we need the
latter part of the above-mentioned patch.  Anyone?

            regards, tom lane