Re: alter table cascade does not give notice about dropped - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajesh Kumar Mallah
Subject Re: alter table cascade does not give notice about dropped
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah@trade-india.com> writes:
>

>>Looks  like alter table does not tells about the indexes it dropped
>>

>This is intentional --- we don't require you to say CASCADE to get rid
>of an index, either.

I initailly ran the alter table without cascade option ,

it told me  there is a dependent view.

I did cascade  , it droped the view and it also dropped a
multicolumn  index that contained the column.

I notified me about the dropped view but not about
the index.

Is that ok ?

Regds
Mallah.

--

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah
| Tradeindia.com  (3,11,246) Registered Users         |
| Indias' Leading B2B eMarketPlace                  |
| http://www.tradeindia.com/                |