Re: FW: problems with installing postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: FW: problems with installing postgres
Date
Re: FW: problems with installing postgres  (Henning Klein <kleinh@rz.uni-potsdam.de>)
List pgsql-general
Adam Witney wrote:
> Forwarding to the mailing list, as I don't know how to fix it....

Well, you can run initdb with different locales:
   initdb --locale=C
Or, you could just override the invalid time locale:
   initdb --lc-time=<CORRECT ZONE HERE>

Now, why de_DE isn't valid, I don't know. Try the output of "locale"
from the command-prompt and see what that says about it.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd