Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 15:10, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>>It is too late to think about pushing back another month.  We had this
>>discussion already.  June 1 is it.

Just to throw in my .02, plPerlNG won't be ready for testing until mid,
later June either. Then there is also plPHP which although we haven't
had any bug reports still needs some more peer review.

Also we would like to submit our ECPG which includes SET DESCRIPTOR and
error handling but that too needs more peer review.

It just seems, considering the current state of 7.4.2 (stable, just now
being deployed in production shops) that we should make a longer
development time for 7.5.

Personally, Win32, subtransactions and PITR are what we are after.
Second would be inclusion of plPHP and plPerlNG which are arguably the
most widely used languages to connect to PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Attachment