Re: email built in type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: email built in type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
>>about you is it ok for you if I write the email built in type ?
>

> You're going to have to explain why it has to be a built-in type.
> Can't you do what you want as a local add-on?  Is it likely that
> the functionality you have in mind would be exactly what anyone
> else would want?

I guess that for manage efficiently million of email addresses I need
to have a built in type instead of a domain with a regex as validator,
considering also that I wish select email for domain like:

select * from users where email >> 'hotmail.com';

About the functionality we can have a deal on which functionality
this type should have.

I'll do it also in order to acquire confidence with the pg code.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola