Re: Is there any method to keep table in memory at startup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Is there any method to keep table in memory at startup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vinay Jain wrote:

> You mean that I should create a static table in C program itself and
> use it...if i am not wrong
> Ya for the time being i am doing this thing but actually table is
> bigger (around 5000 rows with 6 columns)

bigger than what?

> also this table is also created and destroyed in each indchar_lt call
> which is called many times in order by clause

uh ... maybe you need to look in your C manual about the effect of a
"static" declaration. The object will be created once.

> one more thing i want it generalized so that I can include other
> indian languages also..without changing code..
> If there is not any method to get results fast using database table i
> will have to opt this option only..

Not for what you want - you are pursuing a chimera, IMNSHO.

cheers

andrew