Re: interrupting a SQL query - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: interrupting a SQL query
Date
List pgadmin-support
Jander wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have an application in Kylix 2. In this application there is some
> reports.
> I need to allow the user interrupt the process SQL query.
>
> Example: The user press key "F6" to start de process SQL query. Now, he
>                needs to interrupt the process because it is slowly.

You're on the wrong list; this is for pgadmin3 only.
In fact, this question isn't pgsql specific at all, it applies to all db
access.

You can analyze pgadmin3 to learn how to do that, in short: execute the
query in a thread, which can be cancelled.

Regards,
Andreas