Re: duplicated Index entries - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Donald Fraser
Subject Re: duplicated Index entries
Date
List pgadmin-support
Some more information to help solve this sneaky little bug!

The duplicated indexes are only on indexes that use a function!
For example:

CREATE INDEX tbl_cmpy_notumbrella_key
  ON tbl_cmpy
  USING btree
  (get_cmpyname(s_umbname, s_name))
  WHERE b_isumbrella IS NOT TRUE AND d_deceased IS NULL;

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 5:30 PM
Subject: [pgadmin-support] duplicated Index entries

pgAdmin III version 1.0.2

On certain tables, under the Indexes tree view I am getting duplicated index entries but not on all entries.
For example I have a table that has 19 indexes yet the tree view shows 25 - hence it has duplicated 6 entries.
To prove that they were in fact duplicated:
a) each duplicated index has exactly the same details including the oid.
b) I deleted one of the duplicated entries and then did a refresh - the second entry was also removed.

Regards
Donald Fraser.