Permissions not working - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Pallav Kalva
Subject Permissions not working
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi ,
   I am having some problems with setting up permissions in Postgres. I
have a database for ex: 'ups' and it was owned previously by
'postgres(superuser)' but now i have changed the ownership to new user
'ups' all the tables are owned by these user 'ups'. This database doesnt
have any schemas except for 'Public'. I have created another user lets
say 'test' and i didnt give 'test' user any permissions to access the
tables owned by 'ups' but still when i login to 'ups' database as  psql
ups  test and run a select on the  tables owned by 'ups' database  it
goes through.  I dont want  user 'test' to access any tables from the 'ups'
database, i tried revoking permissions it still doesnt work. Can anyone
tell me what is wrong here ?
Appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Pallav