Re: Operator for int8 array - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Operator for int8 array
Date
List pgsql-general
"K.Deepa" <kdeepa@midascomm.com> writes:
> I need operator for int8 array. I tried changing the code in contrib/
> and compiled.
> When I tried executing the query, it is dumping. Kindly tell me if there
> is alternative
> to overcome the problem. I am using postgresql 7.1.3 version.

7.1.3?  Egad.  Get yourself onto some remotely modern version of PG.
7.1 is nearly five years old and has many known serious bugs, of
both data-loss and security flavors.

You didn't say exactly what you needed to do with an int8 array, but you
may well find that 8.1 can do it already.  The array support is far
superior now to what it was in 7.1.

            regards, tom lane