Re: What is the simpliest text search configuration? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Nacos
Subject Re: What is the simpliest text search configuration?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Jerome,

from personal experience full-text searching in PostgreSQL can be quite powerful
but it's not simple, it requires thought, planning and coding. PostgreSQL mainly
provides an efficient token matching mechanism supporting positional information
and weights, but natural language processing and normalization is pretty basic.

If you don't mind writing a couple of user-defined functions to take control of lexeme
normalization, then tsvector/tsquery support can be a very powerful tool for custom
search engines.

regards,

Michael