Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: 8.5 vs. 9.0, Postgres vs. PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>  It's just as unclear whether MySQL is
> to be pronounced my-se-quel or my-ess-cue-ell, but how many people have
> you heard claiming that's a lousy name?

Actually the original promounciation was mee-ess-cue-ell, "My" is
monty's daughter's name and is pronounced like that. People generally
pronounced it "my" though so they just made that the official
pronounciation -- but they still don't approve of "my-sequel".

--
greg