Re: WEIRD! postmaster: segfault with sub select??! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: WEIRD! postmaster: segfault with sub select??!
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Reto <primzahl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm facing a strange problem with a relatively simple sub select
> whereas everything else runs perfect on this machine (PG 8.4.2 @
> Fedora 12, Core2 E4600, 4GB, 2 x 320GB).
>
> # SELECT DISTINCT name FROM bbr_parts WHERE id IN (SELECT part_id FROM
> bbr_v_office_to_parts WHERE office_id=39 AND office_type=9);

>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.

Look at the postmaster logs for the error which caused the crash.
There should be something there even if it seg faulted.

Also, can you get a backtrace? Even with your current build if you
attach to the backend that you're connected to and get a backtrace
that could be useful. (run "select pg_backend_pid()" and then attach
to that pid in gdb, type "c" and then after the crash run
"backtrace").

The most useful would be to get a coredump from a debugging build but
the two things above would be a good start.

--
greg