Re: Parsing config files in a directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Maybe SET PERSISTENT needs to go back to postgresql.conf, add an
> automatic comment "# overridden in persistent.conf" and put a comment
> marker in front of the original line.  That way the user is led to the
> actual authoritative source.

We cannot have automatic processes editing user configuration files.
What we could do is give a warning if you do set persistent and the
source of the current value is a postgresql.conf.

--
greg