Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date
Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying  (Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au>)
List pgsql-advocacy

> Just an idea, why don't we run a postgresql vs mysql benchmark ? I can
> put the servers, but I have little experience
> on running a benchmark. If someone is willing to help I will grant him
> access and we can end up with some clean results
> and a nice article on dotgeek with something effective like "PostgreSQL
> is faster then MySQL: Here's why"

We might get in trouble with their (MySQL) trademark guys with this:

D. Damaging Use.

The MySQL AB Marks may not be used in a manner or with respect to
products that will decrease the value of the MySQL AB Marks or otherwise
impair or damage MySQL AB's brand integrity, reputation or goodwill,
including (without limitation) use in a manner that is unethical,
offensive, disparaging, defamatory, illegal or in bad taste.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I think it will spice it all up. Till now we have around 300 PHP
> developers that started to use PostgreSQL on dotgeek and
> porting their application from mysql to postgresql. Looks promising ;)
>
> PHP-PostgreSQL Advocacy team     http://dotgeek.org
> gurugeek att php dot net  david at postgresql ddoot org
> $dsn = 'pgsql://world:most_advanced@localhost/open_source_database';

>      subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your

Attachment