Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Perpetuating the myth...annoying
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Just an idea, why don't we run a postgresql vs mysql benchmark ? I
> We might get in trouble with their (MySQL) trademark guys with this:

Trademark law only says that you cannot use someone else's trademark to
label a similar product.  Nothing there can stop you from using the
product for any purpose including running benchmarks, or from reporting
facts or opinions or lies about the product.  That is a matter of
copyright law, press regulations and/or the criminal code.