Re: Windows build broken starting atda9b580d89903fee871cf54845ffa2b26bda2e11 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Windows build broken starting atda9b580d89903fee871cf54845ffa2b26bda2e11
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 05/15/2018 01:20 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +1.  How do you have yours configured, anyway?
>> I mostly develop on mac and linux and don't look at the windows system
>> too much:
>> Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
>> Service Pack 1
>> Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Beta2 x64 cross tools
> Hm.  I'm not sure what our nominal support range for Visual Studio is.
> I see that mastodon (running VS2005) and currawong (running VS2008)
> haven't reported on HEAD lately, and I think they may have been shut
> down intentionally due to desupport?  But if your build still works
> then it seems like we could continue to support VS2008.

currawong and friends were shut down in January on >= 11 because of the
huge pages issue on 32-bit XP. So they aren't going to be revived. Maybe
we can make VS2008 work on a 64 bit machine. Personally I'm more
interested in better getting coverage for the modern compilers.

cheers

andrew