Re: postgres_fdw: batch inserts vs. before row triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgres_fdw: batch inserts vs. before row triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> writes:
> I have committed the patch.

Apologies for not having paid attention to this thread, but ...

I don't think the committed patch is acceptable at all, at least
not in the back branches, because it creates a severe ABI break.
Specifically, by adding a field to ResultRelInfo you have changed
the array stride of es_result_relations, and that will break any
previously-compiled extension code that accesses that array.

I'm not terribly pleased with it having added a field to EState
either.  That seems much more global than what we need here.
Couldn't we add the field to ModifyTableState, instead?