Re: Converting Data From MS-Sql Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Converting Data From MS-Sql Server
Date
List pgsql-general
Valter wrote:
> I need some hints about converting my ms-sql server database to Postgre.
>
> Are there any tools for this convertion?

I don't know of any tools, but I recenlty did this the old fashoned way.
About 130 tables, and a network of foriegn keys, indexes and other relations.
Then about 50 meg worth of data to clean up so \copy would accept it.  It
took me less than 16 hours for all of that.

It then took me three weeks to convert all the MSSQL stored procedures to
Postgres, and we're still tracking down bugs in that part.  (It's about
400K when dumped from MSSQL, and about 450K source file before being
imported into Postgres)

Hope that helps some.

--
Bill Moran