Re: Newbie question: OT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Newbie question: OT
Date
List pgsql-general
Robin 'Sparky' Kopetzky wrote:
> Good morning!
>
>     Dumb question:
>
>     How do you pronounce PostgreSQl?? Is it like three words: Post Grey Sequel?

No, that's just how I always incorrectly pronounce it.

> Or is gre ponounced like 'GRE'ase?

Not that one either.

>     Just need to know so I can promote my understanding of the DB to my
> customers...

As far as I've been (repeatedly) told, it's post gres cue ell.  Never mind the
fact that that's the most unlikely pronunciation I could imagine ;)  I
generally seem to stay out of trouble with people if I shorten it to post gres,
but I get berated (by multiple people) if I slip and say post gray.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies