Re: (THE_ANSWER) What is the syntax for UPDATE from one - Mailing list pgsql-general

From pw
Subject Re: (THE_ANSWER) What is the syntax for UPDATE from one
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to everyone who helped.
I found the solution just by tooling with the SQL syntax.

FYI,  the correct syntax is:

UPDATE destination_table SET dest_column=A FROM
(SELECT src_column as A, src_link_col FROM src_table) AS  J
WHERE src_link_col=dst_link_col;

Pete