Re: ECPG - bug in EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christian Rank
Subject Re: ECPG - bug in EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND?
Date
Re: ECPG - bug in EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND?
List pgsql-general
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 09:54:13PM +0100, Christian Rank wrote:
>
>>Today I ran into problems when combining a C program with SQL statements
>>with the ECPG interface of PostgreSQL:
>>
>>According to the documentation, it should be possible with
>>   EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND action
>>to trigger an action when a query does not return a row.
>

> Yes, that should work.
>

>>Is this a bug in ECPG or am I doing something wrong?
>

> Which version are you using? I get this:
>
> postgres@feivel:/home/postgres/pgsql/src/interfaces/ecpg$ ./a
> [21964]: ECPGdebug: set to 1
> [21964]: ECPGconnect: opening database mm on <DEFAULT> port <DEFAULT>
> [21964]: ECPGexecute line 16: QUERY: select  n   from t    on connection mm
> [21964]: ECPGexecute line 16: Correctly got 0 tuples with 1 fields
> [21964]: raising sqlcode 100 in line 16, 'No data found in line 16.'.
> no data found
> [21964]: ecpg_finish: Connection mm closed.
>
> Looks okay, doesn't it?

Sorry that I didn't mention: I have PostgreSQL 7.4.1 on Slackware 9.1.

Today I tried with a 7.5devel snapshot of 16.02.2004. In this version,
everything works as it should, so I assume that this bug is fixed in the
meantime.

Thank you very much for your help,
    Christian

--