Setting up Postgresql on Linux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From phil campaigne
Subject Setting up Postgresql on Linux
Date
Re: Setting up Postgresql on Linux
List pgsql-general
Thanks Tom,
I originally set installed Postgresql as rpm with the Red Hat 8
installation.  I upgraded using source and it put things in different
directories.  I think that this is the source of my problem.

However, I think the updated version of Postgresql is not teh one the
system is trying to use:

>That says that when you say "psql", the system is trying to run the psql
>from /usr/bin with the libpq.so from /usr/local/pgsql/lib.

Is there a way tell the system to run psql with the libpq.so from /usr/local/pgsql/lib?
thanks,
Phil