Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paulovič Michal
Subject Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel
Date
List pgsql-general
Harald Fuchs wrote:
In article <Pine.LNX.4.33.0403021406090.4475-100000@css120.ihs.com>,
"scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, [UTF-8] Paulovič Michal wrote:
how you solve the problem with multilevel autoicrement?

In MySQL you create table with col1, col2. Col 2 is AUTOICREMENT and you
have to create UNIQUE INDEX (Col1, Col2). If you insert to this table
for col1 volume 1, col2 automaticaly increase by one.

Example:
Insert into table values (1);
Insert into table values (1);
Insert into table values (2);
Insert into table values (1);
Insert into table values (2);

I did this in MySQL and got this:

create table test (id1 int, id2 int auto_increment, primary key(id2));
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> alter table test add unique index (id1, id2);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.09 sec)
Records: 0  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0
You can't have a multi-level autoincrement if you make the second
level unique.  Use the following instead:
 create table test (id1 int, id2 int auto_increment, primary key(id1,id2));

Note that this trick works only for the MyISAM and BDB table types,
not for InnoDB.

TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com

You don't build secent level unique
You have to create uniqe index under both levels (first and second) together. But in MySQL there is no problem.
I alredy have table with mulitlevel autoincrement (in MySQL) but now I want move this to PostgreSQL 7.1, and i have problem with this. It doesn't work :-((((