Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Moving from MySQL to PGSQL....some questions (multilevel
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 18:12:18 +0100,
  Paulovi?? Michal <michal@paulovic.sk> wrote:
> You don't build secent level unique
> You have to create uniqe index under both levels (first and second)
> together. But in MySQL there is no problem.
> I alredy have table with mulitlevel autoincrement (in MySQL) but now I
> want move this to PostgreSQL 7.1, and i have problem with this. It
> doesn't work :-((((

That isn't an appropiate use of sequences. You should only be using
their uniqeness. If the values are supposed to have some other semantics
you should be using another mechanism.

Also Posgtesql 7.1 is very old. You really should upgrade to something
more recent. 7.4.2 is due out in a few days.