Re: PostgreSQL 11 beta1 on AIX 7.2 : 2 failures in 32bit mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 11 beta1 on AIX 7.2 : 2 failures in 32bit mode
Date
Re: PostgreSQL 11 beta1 on AIX 7.2 : 2 failures in 32bit mode  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"REIX, Tony" <tony.reix@atos.net> writes:
> It looks like configure does figure out that LARGE_FILES is required, only in 32bit.
> No need in 64bit.

Check ...

> However, in 32bit, though there is:
>    #define _LARGE_FILES 1
> in file :
>    src/include/pg_config.h
> I had to add it at the beg of file by means of a patch to several files:

This is surely not what's intended.  It seems like plpython is messing
things up somehow, probably through an #include-ordering error, but
I don't see the exact problem offhand.

I wondered why the existing 32-bit AIX buildfarm machines aren't showing
problems, but looking closer at them, they are manually forcing
_LARGE_FILES, which probably is masking things:

       'config_env' => {
                         'CC' => 'wrap-gcc -D_THREAD_SAFE=1 -D_LARGE_FILES=1 -maix32',

Noah, why'd you do that, and would you be willing to remove it?  IMO
Postgres should work without that.