Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: High Performance/High Reliability File system on SuSE64
Date
List pgsql-performance
>Yes, I guess I shoulda thought of that, eh?  Thanks.  The docs do
>suggest that there are some significant differences between the two
>versions of the filesystem, so I'm not sure how sanguine I'd be about
>the degree of "testing" the filesystem has received on Linux.  On the

Well SuSE ships with XFS and SuSE tends to be really good about testing.
Better than RedHat IMHO. Just the fact that RedHat uses ext3 as the default
is a black eye.

XFS has been around a LONG time, and on Linux for a couple of years now.
Plus I believe it is the default FS for all of the really high end stuff
SGI is doing
with Linux.

I would (and do) trust XFS currently over ANY other journalled option on
Linux.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake