Re: Organizing the OSCON presence - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Organizing the OSCON presence
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:

>Folks,
>
>The submission deadline for OSCON 2004 is just 21 days away.
>
>I know that several people here were planning on presenting.  So far we've
>heard from:
>
>George Essig:  TSearch2 Presentation
>

>Robert Bernier:  Tutorial and Presentation, topic unknown

I've made application to do a tutorial, 1/2 day presentation, on
datamining email. It will use Perl to parse an mbox into a database. The
idea of the tutorial is to demonstrate some novel ways of exploring how
a typical, unmodified email client can run queries through a postgres
server that speaks IMAP.

With a little luck I'll be taking the opportunity of writing my OReilly
articles about datamining  to shape the tutorial.