Re: gentoo, anyone? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From steve fox
Subject Re: gentoo, anyone?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi, Dave -

Comments below.

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

No.  See, the deal with gentoo is you don't run the typical .configure
and make commands to build your packages.  Rather you use 'emerge,'
which is a command to build packages in gentoo linux.

>>Postgresql is installed, pgsql lives in /usr/local.  I've
>>symlinked it to /usr/pgsql thinking that would fix it, but it
>>doesn't.  Is there a way to pass the --with-pgsql option to
>>emerge?
>

> What's emerge?

something like BSD ports and debian packages.  You sync up with the
mothership tree to stay current.  Normally one would handle .configre
[options] with a setting in a variable called $USE, but I'm not able to
find it in this case.