Re: Log_statement behaviour a little misleading? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Log_statement behaviour a little misleading?
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>The fact that RI triggers issue SQL commands is an artifact of
>their implementation (and one that I believe Stephan and Jan would like
>to get rid of); they shouldn't be cluttering the log at all.

I am glad you mentioned that -  I did find myself wondering why it was
necessary to go through the whole parse->plan->etc business, when the
backend "knows" that an access via the (required) primary key is going
to be available...

cheers

Mark