Re: FDW Foreign Table Access: strange LOG message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FDW Foreign Table Access: strange LOG message
Date
Re: FDW Foreign Table Access: strange LOG message  (Albrecht Dreß <albrecht.dress@arcor.de>)
List pgsql-general
Albrecht =?iso-8859-1?b?RHJl3w==?= <albrecht.dress@arcor.de> writes:
> No messages are printed whilst the session is open.  However, when I quit the session by typing “\q” /after/ entering
thecommand above, the LOG message appears.  It does not appear when I query tables from my_db exclusively, though, i.e.
whenI do not access the Foreign Table.

It finally occurred to me what is a likely explanation for why you're
seeing these messages but I don't when I test postgres_fdw locally:
probably, you are encrypting connections to the foreign server with SSL.
I can reproduce "could not receive data from client: Connection reset by
peer" if I kill -9 a psql client when it's using SSL, but not otherwise.

Anyway, it's clearly not very nice that postgres_fdw makes no attempt
to do a graceful shutdown of its remote connection.  I don't know that
this rises to the level of a bug, exactly, but if somebody wanted to
send in a patch it'd probably get accepted.

            regards, tom lane