Re: FDW Foreign Table Access: strange LOG message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: FDW Foreign Table Access: strange LOG message
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 06:55:12PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Anyway, it's clearly not very nice that postgres_fdw makes no attempt
> to do a graceful shutdown of its remote connection.  I don't know that
> this rises to the level of a bug, exactly, but if somebody wanted to
> send in a patch it'd probably get accepted.

I won't qualify that as a bug, this is mainly noise.  Still I agree that
it would be cleaner to make more efforts in finishing the connections
when the session goes down.  You would roughly just need to register an
on_shmem_exit callback which loops through all the connections to finish
them.  Now would we want to slow down the session shutdown just for
that?  I am less sure particularly if there is lag between the remote
and the local servers.
--
Michael

Attachment