Re: Input Forms - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Chris
Subject Re: Input Forms
Date
List pgsql-php
>Hi
>
>I have a table in my database which has a column of type date. When I
>retrieve the date from the database, I brake it up into seperate
>variables, as in $day, $month, $year. My problem is that I give the user
>the chance to change the date that is in the database so I have 3
>input/text fields that the user change select the day, month and year. BUT
>I want the selected day, month, year to be the one that is in the database
>so the user will then decide if that date is alright.
>I don't know how to do this, would it be javasript, and if so would it be
>something like onload???

You can do it with PHP.. as you're going through the select list, do a check -

     # For the days list box....
for ($days = 1; $days < 32; $days++) {
     echo "<option value=".$days;
     if ($days == $your_days) {
         echo " SELECTED";
     }
     echo ">".$days."\n";
}

this is the way i usually do it, works pretty well.. :) Of course, it can
be written differently, but that's up to you..

HTH

Chris Smith
http://www.squiz.net