Re: JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Zeljko Trogrlic
Subject Re: JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
The problem could be in incorrectly implemented getTables.

PostgreSQL JDBC returns null. It's not defined that this column may be null,
like TABLE_CAT and TABLE_SCHEM. Actually, it returns just names, null for
everything else and  "no remarks" for remarks.

 From JDBC documentation:

4. TABLE_TYPE String => table type. Typical types are "TABLE", "VIEW", "SYSTEM
TABLE", "GLOBAL TEMPORARY", "LOCAL TEMPORARY", "ALIAS", "SYNONYM".

The second problem is that getTables returns index names, too, and it probably
shouldn't, I'm not sure how is that specified.

<http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf/>http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf/

Zeljko Trogrlic

Aeris d.o.o.
Sv. Petka 60 b, HR-31000 Osijek, Croatia
Tel: +385 (31) 53 00 15
Email: mailto:zeljko@post.hinet.hr