Re: JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Mount
Subject Re: JDBC
Date
List pgsql-general
The problem seems to be on how JBuilder is asking JDBC for the list of tables. It's on my list of things to check, although it's difficult without a copy of JBuilder (with the database components) to play with.

Peter

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 4:57 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] JDBC

HI,

I'm having a strange problem connecting to postgres 7.02 using the
jdbc driver.  After installing the driver in Jbuilder 3, I'm able
to connect to my database but can ONLY see the postgres system indexes
in Jbuilder's JDBC Explorer GUI.  I'm unable to see my other database
objects (tables, views, etc...) in the JDBC Explorer.  Yet the
driver lets me manipulate these unseen objects when I execute sql
statements against the database.  Problem is, I'd like to see all my
database objects in the JDBC Explorer GUI, not just the system index.

Has anyone experienced this who can suggest a fix?  Does anyone
know if this is due to Jbuilder, the postgresql.Driver, or perhaps a
bad configuration?  Thanks.
ENRICO