Urgent, bool-to-int patch possible? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Matthew Hagerty
Subject Urgent, bool-to-int patch possible?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Greetings,

What would be the chances of getting a patch for 6.4.2 to do bool-to-int
conversion?  I need to do a query similar to this:

SELECT * FROM mytable ORDER BY
int(col1 > 3) + int(col2 < 4) + ... other conditions;

(courtesy of Tom Lane)

Would it be that hard to make a patch to do the conversion?  I would try it
myself but I have no idea where to start looking, and I need this sooner
than I could probably figure it out.

I'm not making demands or stomping my feet, I love postgres and I
understand that it is free software, but if one of you feels really nice... :)

Thanks,
Matthew