PostgreSQL 6.4.2 and Oracle JDeveloper 1.1: Anyone using these tools. - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Stephen Hurrell
Subject PostgreSQL 6.4.2 and Oracle JDeveloper 1.1: Anyone using these tools.
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hello.

I want to do this so that I can develop and home on postgres and port to
oracle at work later.

Info:
Server: Slackware 3.5, JDK 1.1.7, Postgres 6.4.2 and the JDBC examples
all work fine from/on the server.
Client: NT4SP4, Oracle JDeveloper 1.1 (it uses jdk 1.1.4 I think.)

I built the postgres.jar file on Linux and took it to NT. I can load and
review the classes within it using JDev1.1.

I can't get connect either through simple (examples.basic.java) examples
or via the data wizard. I did get the wizard
to throw an exception on the postgres class at one point. I havent
replicated this yet today.

Is anyone trying/using JDev or have a small example that might work?

Reading the mailing lists I think I am looking at a possible hba
problem.

Thanks, STeve
-----EOT