Re: top posting? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From robin
Subject Re: top posting?
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

Personally I prefer top posts for short responses to a simple issue and in-
between posts for everything more complex.

And then, when some people will top post, som bottom post and some will answer inside the original email lines, then there will be a totall mess and most people will have problems to find out how the discussion flow looks like.

You're both right - so can we put this to bed now?

It is impossible to have a single style that will suit all and will make it easy to read all possible discussions in the same way.

I am pretty sure that whatever reader they use, everyone can cope with messages that are as short as reasonably possible and contain just relevant text, whether new or quoted - and there seems to be a consensus that this is what is important, not whether your comments are at the top or bottom.

Thanks,
Robin