Re: top posting? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Szymon Guz
Subject Re: top posting?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 7 May 2013 03:54, Uwe Schroeder <uwe@oss4u.com> wrote:
On Mon, 05/06/2013 05:51:00 PM Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Misa Simic <misa.simic@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But, IMO it is something totally irrelevant now-days... With today
> > tools...
> > I understand why such thing has been important 20-30 years ago (in
> > previous
> > century)
>
> You're assuming we all use the same tools. There are still people on
> this who (probably) read their email with pine.

I understand that there's purists out there, but seriously, pine? I stopped
using that when I had the first SPARC2 sitting on my desk and I can't even
remember when that was (1991?). Never liked pine, always used emacs (and still
do, just not for reading mail :-) )

Personally I prefer top posts for short responses to a simple issue and in-
between posts for everything more complex.

And then, when some people will top post, som bottom post and some will answer inside the original email lines, then there will be a totall mess and most people will have problems to find out how the discussion flow looks like.

- Szymon