[doc] plan invalidation when statistics are update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From torikoshia
Subject [doc] plan invalidation when statistics are update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

AFAIU, when the planner statistics are updated, generic plans are
invalidated and PostgreSQL recreates. However, the manual doesn't seem
to explain it explicitly.

   https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-prepare.html

I guess this case is included in 'whenever database objects used in the
statement have definitional (DDL) changes undergone', but I feel it's
hard to infer.

Since updates of the statistics can often happen, how about describing
this case explicitly like an attached patch?

Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
Attachment