Re: Commitfest manager for July 2024 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey M. Borodin
Subject Re: Commitfest manager for July 2024
Date
Re: Commitfest manager for July 2024
List pgsql-hackers

> On 3 Jul 2024, at 01:08, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll give it a shot.

Great, thank you! Do you have extended access to CF? Like activity log and mass-mail functions?
If no I think someone from PG_INFRA can grant you necessary access.

> On 3 Jul 2024, at 20:21, Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> This reminded me that one of the changes proposed at pgconf.dev was
> having multiple CF managers, each responsible for a subset of the CF
> entries. Do we want to do try that?
>
> IIRC the idea was that it's not really feasible to shepherd ~400 patches
> (the current count for 2024-07), especially if the person has other
> things to do too, and spreading this over multiple people would make it
> more manageable - perhaps even allowing more people to participate.
>
> If we wanted to try this, would that require some improvements in the CF
> app, e.g. to track which CF manager is responsible for each entry?

Maybe can we just coordinate here? If Corey does not mind, I'd happily help with 2-3 sections. I particularly like
"Replicationand recovery" and "Server features", but would be glad to take any.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.