Re: OFF TOPIC!! Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: OFF TOPIC!! Re: Paypal WAS: PostgreSQL speakers
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Two thing you seem to overlook.  First, in regards to a decent retirment plan,
in this country we are forced to pay into a system like social security even
though we may never recieve a dime from it.  I can think of a lot better ways
to invest my money than handing it over via FICA.

Sure, so can I and I make sure that I take advantage of it. That doesn't change the argument.

Second, while they can choose to avoid fast food, poor people can't afford
food of the same quality that rich people can afford.  Ever notice how
"organic food" is generally more expensive than it's regular counterparts?
Or fresh produce is more expensive than it's canned counterparts?  Sure you
can tell people they just need to "try harder", but it glosses over a lot of
details in actually being successfull...
I had this argument with a friend of mine recently. Just because the food isn't organic doesn't mean
it is "bad" for you. Also canned food is fine for you. In fact if you are smart about the way you shop
you can easily eat reasonably healthy without breaking the bank... even if you are poor.

Simple example:

BigMac Value Meal contains something like 3 times the fat you should have in a day AND
what 1500? calories.... It will cost you about 4.00 bucks.

A box of nutragrain bars will cost 2.99 and will feed you breakfast for a week. Nutrgrain
bars are what I would consider "the most healthy" but they are as good or better for you than
a bowl of serial.

-Mart all disgust me...

Breaking the law isn't the way to change any of it.

You haven't studied your history Joshua. Civil disobedience has always been a
useful tool in changing a societies laws.
You are confusing Civil Disobedience with breaking the law. They are different things. Perhaps you
should reivew your history.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com