Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Garamond
Subject Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> MySQL's section 1.5 shows a roadmap, but I've been following that
> roadmap for well over a year now and all they do is push out the
> estimated dates and keep the feature list the same.

I know :) I used to remember that 4.0 is "promised" to have subselect
and 4.1 stored procedure, but the doc now assigns them to 4.1 and 5.0
respectively.

But I don't seem to see any "promises" (or roadmap) mentioned in the PG
doc at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/index.html . I admit I
haven't read it cover to cover but I have been trying to see if "7.5" or
"native windows port" or "2-phase commit" are mentioned. They don't seem
to be. Of course there's always the list archives, but still...

Btw, I'm on a slow connection and it's quite painful to browse the docs
online due to these tags in each and every HTML page:

Isn't it adequate to make just the ad scripts non-cacheable? :)

--
dave