Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
David Garamond wrote:
> May I suggest that Appendix E also includes release date for each
> release, and also lists tentative/planned features for future
> releases (say: in 7.5, win32 port and 2-phase commit; in 8.0, ...;
> etc).
>
> This is like Appendix D of the MySQL documentation. It gives
> outsiders/beginners like me a better picture of how PostgreSQL has
> progressed over time.

That appendix D lists features that have already been implemented in the
development branches.  Our documentation does that as well.

MySQL's section 1.5 shows a roadmap, but I've been following that
roadmap for well over a year now and all they do is push out the
estimated dates and keep the feature list the same.