Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: release notes/Appendix E in documentation
Date
List pgsql-general
David Garamond wrote:
> But I don't seem to see any "promises" (or roadmap) mentioned in the
> PG doc at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/index.html . I
> admit I haven't read it cover to cover but I have been trying to see
> if "7.5" or "native windows port" or "2-phase commit" are mentioned.
> They don't seem to be. Of course there's always the list archives,
> but still...

Who would make and vouch for these promises?  The Windows port, for
example, was announced two releases ago, and similar gross
misestimations are on record for other features.  Overall, we'd just
have made as big a fool of ourselves as MySQL is doing.

I think what you are really looking for is a regular summary of the
hackers' activity, to know where things are moving.  Someone used to do
that, but I don't know what become of it.