Re: Slow Performance with 7.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex
Subject Re: Slow Performance with 7.4.1
Date
List pgsql-general
The old system has a 80GB, 5200rpm ATA , the new system a 120GB, 7200rpm
ATA. The new system should at least not be slower. Also, on the new
system I have a separate partition for the database.

If I run a Vacuum or a SELECT COUNT(*) on a larger table (2-6 million
records) the systems responds very slow, the screen almost freezes.

Thanks
Alex